Updated: 4 days ago
In this post, I would like to share 10 great Augmented Reality (AR) applications to use in education. Enjoy!
Curiscope is one of my favorite AR apps. It is an AR poster with the beautifully printed designs and to bring the wonders of the universe into your world. Imagine surprising your students by asking them to use their phone to look at a beautiful poster in your class and get an educational experience augmented by digital information.
For more information, please visit: https://www.curiscope.com
2. Experience of Real History. This is another amazing AR application to bring history to real life through digital information.
For more information, please visit: https://www.experiencerealhistory.com
3. GeoGebra is a dynamic mathematics software for all levels of education that brings together geometry, algebra, spreadsheets, graphing, statistics, and calculus in one easy-to-use package. GeoGebra has become the leading provider of dynamic mathematics software, supporting science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and innovations in teaching and learning worldwide.
GeoGebra AR allows users to complement the real world with digital information such as pyramids, prisms, and cubes and allow users to explore them in many different ways.
Here are two great videos about GeoGebra AR:
For more information, please visit: https://www.geogebra.org
4. CoSpaces Edu. This AR-creation app enables students to learn by doing, using the various tools available with the technology such as creating toolbox, coding features, virtual reality, and augmented reality. All features in CoSpaces Edu can be adapted to fit different class subjects and learning objectives. It has basic and pro levels that allow educators to create lessons across subjects and grade levels. There are development modes for beginners and experienced coders.
For more information, please visit: https://cospaces.io/edu/
5. World Brush and 3D BRUSH Apps. Here I would like to introduce two apps at the same time because they have similar concepts. World Brush is an AR experience where users can paint on the world for others to discover. Every painting is anonymous and only visible where it was created. Users have the ability to like, dislike, and report paintings that help hide the bad stuff and showcase the good stuff for others.
For more information, please visit: https://worldbrush.net
3D BRUSH allows us to draw in augmented reality using three-dimensional photorealistic brushes!
For more information, please visit: http://3dbrush.com
6. Moatboat. This app can be lost of fun for children. Moatboat is a creation engine for augmented reality and virtual reality. Just type something or speak, and it does what you say. It's as simple as a search engine—but instead of searching, you're creating.
For more information, please visit: http://www.moatboat.com
7. Wonderscope. This award-winning AR application is an excellent use of AR technology to immerse children in storybooks that they can actually participate in by interacting with characters and the environment.
For more information, please visit: https://wonderscope.com
8. JigSpace. Here is another wonderful educational AR app. JigSpace is an educational app that offers a library of knowledge about how everyday things work through 3D augmented reality and virtual reality. Some example topics include how a car engine works, how a coffee machine works, and what’s inside the planet Earth.
For more information, please visit: https://jig.space
9. Figment App. Using this fun app children can augment reality with objects, portals, and effects! Create imaginative scenes and capture them to share with friends. Make your world more fun by placing 3D emoji, animals, and other objects around you. Or step into another world by using portals and walk into a new dimension. Enhance these scenes with environmental effects like snow or fireworks or add filters to change your view of the world!
For more information, please visit: https://viromedia.com/figment/
10. Human Anatomy Atlas. Here is another great application for education. The Human Anatomy Atlas generates AR representations of the human body, helping users interact with virtual body parts.
For more information, please visit: https://www.visiblebody.com/en-us/anatomy-and-physiology-apps/human-anatomy-atlas